Re: Current OpenJade and DocBook SGML status

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 06:07:20PM +0200, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to setup a documentation system on my Windows box,
> using Cygwin, and trying to use OpenJade and the DocBook SGML DTD and
> stylesheets.
>
> Precompiled binaries downloaded from Markus Hoenicka page don't work for
> me, they core dump while compiling a SGML sample. Even worse, I have
> downloaded OpenJade sources from SourceForge.net (version 1.3), and
> after a lot of tweaking to achieve compiling them myself, they also core
> dump.
>
> I have read about unofficial Cygwin packages, downloadable from
> www.toomanysecrets.com, but this URL seems to no longer work.
>
> Any feedback on current OpenJade and SGML software available for a
> Cygwin platform will be very useful for me, so thanks in advance. I am
> using Cygwin 1.5.3(0.90/3/2).
>
> Regards, Ismael

A while ago I put a temporary mirror with the packages formerly at
toomanysecrets.com; to use, add http://ns1.iocc.com/~joshua/cygwin/docbook
to your mirrors in setup.exe (or to /etc/setup/last-mirror) and look for
the packages in the chooser. There is also a "helper package" called
cygwin-doc-build that should grab everything you need for a working SGML
DocBook install. At least, it works for me to build the Cygwin documentation.

For the archives:
Refer to /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cygwin-doc-*README for the latest info
if that mirror also disappears.