Re: ls - novice question

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

>  Ask that in any linux/unix/bash/fileutils forum - it's off topic here.
> I've been there wondering too, but not bothered to ask.

When I read your reply, I understand that my question is off-topic...

But, on SunOS & HP-UX, I never used this option! On this 2 platforms, it
seems to me that 'ls' manages the accentuated characters without additional
option... If I understand,  the --show-control-chars option is specific to
Cygwin (and maybe Linux)... and, my question does not seem to me
off-topic...

Thanks again,
a+
---