Re: getopt: ugly linker messages

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 09:32:52PM +0200, Ivan Warren wrote:
>I know this is a community effort and that no-one is obliged to answer
>(no, I didn't go for the pay support..  I am working on an open source
>project, so I don't have the monetary resource to spend).

Bingo.  Apparently, no one knows the answer to your question and,
apparently, no one is interested in researching the problem for you.
Also, as you noted, it has a trivially easy workaround -- don't strip
import libraries.

"Wah! No one is paying attention to me!" rants don't really help your
case, much.  Nor does sending messages to threads which have little to
do with your problem.

As far as your specific question on who to bug, yes, obviously, this is
a binutils problem.