Re: Manipulating user privileges (was Re: SSHD, Cygwin and Windows 2003)

> Cool!  How you can contribute it depends on the licensing and how much
> work you are willing to invest.  Do you want to put it under some GPL or
> BSD license?  Or do you want to keep everything together as it is?
> Then create a package as described under http://cygwin.com/setup.html
> Even though I'd love to see it as a Cygwn tool, I guess the first option
> is the easier one.  In that case it should become a package in the 'Base'
> category.

OK. I've had a crack at this. The packages can be found at:
http://rodgers.org.uk/editrights/
and are released under a BSD-style licence.

> Oh, is there a chance to get also a -l option to list existing rights
> for a user?!?

The tool always lists the user rights. I thought that it would decrease the
odds of someone making unintended changes. I could always make this optional
if that would be best?

Chris.