This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: redirection unexpected error
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Seth Rubin <srubin at thoughtprocess dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:29:40 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: redirection unexpected error
- References: <CNELLBDHOKALJPHOOBBEMEDHDNAA.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Seth Rubin wrote:
> After setting up Cygwin on an XP Home machine, some apps, notably vi and
> postgresql, are erroring out with:
> syntax error: redirection unexpected
> Any clue about what to do about this? Thanks.
> -- Seth
At a guess, you might have an alias that's doing something weird (e.g., a
csh alias in bash). Look at the output of "type -a vi" and "type -a
postgresql" (if you use bash0. Also, please read and follow the Cygwin
problem reporting guidelines at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html