Re: Files in /etc missing after new install

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 11:09:06AM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >Please read and follow the problem reporting guidelines at
> ><>, especially the bit about attaching (as
> >an uncompressed text *attachment*) the output of "cygcheck -svr".
> This is good advice but isn't this the usual confusion between "download"
> and "install" in setup?
> cgf

The cygcheck output would have shown these packages as not installed if
this were the case.  It would also show the information about mounts,
users, etc.  I was about to ask a whole bunch of questions, but then
realized that the cygcheck output will contain the answers for most of
them, hence the advice.

FWIW, it doesn't look like a download vs install issue, since the original
poster did say that the files exist in /bin.  It's more likely a
permission problem.