Re: Using authentication under Apache for Cygwin

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

> Stipe Tolj wrote:
>
> >> I would tend to agree except this config worked with Apache for Windows.
> >
> > which does not mean that Apache for Cygwin acts the same way as the
> > native Win32 counterpart.
> >
> > I'm not sure if you can use network resource location that way as you
> > can in Apache for Windows. I would guess not.
>
> Well I can use the network resource location in the sense that the
> server does read the web pages/scripts and presents/executes them. It's
> just the authentication that fails. If it can read
> //server/share/path/index.html then why can't is read
> //server/share/path/.htaccess?
>
> Besides I recreated a bare environment and copied my stuff from the
> server to /var/www/htdocs/addbug with the same error.

Andrew,

Could this be a text vs. binary issue?  I'm grasping at straws here...
It's good that you've moved everything to the local disk - it helps to
eliminate as many variables as possible.  Did you get an authenticated
access webpage (.html, as opposed to a CGI script) working?  Can you
initially create the user file in the directory where you're trying to set
up authentication (for testing purposes)?  Can you show the output of "ls
-la" in that directory?
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/