This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: home directory not created in cygwin installation
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Ji-Wei Wu <Ji-Wei dot Wu-1 at nasa dot gov>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:32:47 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: home directory not created in cygwin installation
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Ji-Wei Wu wrote:
> I downloaded and installed the latest cygwin today on my computer. I
> followed all defaults during installation (in c:\cygwin). After that, I
> started a cygwin bash shell but found that it did not start in the
> /home/$USER directory ($USER means the user name I use to log onto my
> computer). The actual directory is /sygdrive/c, which means the c: drive
> on my computer. What went wrong in my installation and can anyone help me?
At a guess, your HOME is set incorrectly in Windows.
Please read and follow the Cygwin problem reporting guidelines at
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>. This will provide enough information
to venture a better guess or to find a solution for your problem.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html