Re: telnet, ftp unknown service

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 02:19:36PM +0200, V D wrote:
> here is the result of strace on a telnet, if you need specifically on ftp
> just let me know.

Well, the strace is a bit confusing.  The error returned from
WinSocks getservbyname function is 11004.  The meaning is according
to `net helpmsg':

  "The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it
    does not have the correct associated data being resolved for."

a message, I don't quite understand.  I tried if it could be a binary
vs. textmode issue but Winsock reads the services file in both variations
equally well, at least on my XP system.

Please check your services file.  Is it somehow corrupted?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.