Re: 1.5.4-1: Problem with XEmacs, fonts, and subprocesses.

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 07:45:44PM -0400, Yadin Y Goldschmidt wrote:
>No double slashes or backslashes for me.  After upgarding cygwin tp
>1.5.XXX Xemacs preview latex is no longer working, showing blank spaces
>where latex should be rendered.  In case you missed it I found this
>correspondence on the xemacs newsgroup:

I'm sorry.  I was reading on autopilot while doing something else and
responded to the wrong message.  Double backslashes should have nothing
to do with this.

We just like to break Xemacs from time to time, is all.  That's the only
reason why this stopped working.

But seriously, if anyone would like to be an official Xemacs liason and
officially test snapshots when they happen that would certainly be
welcome.  I will not be running Xemacs to test things, unfortunately.  I
would be glad to work with someone who was willing to test debug
versions of the Cygwin DLL and provide intelligent feedback on problems.

I'll even give an automatic subscription to cygwin-developers to anyone
who is willing to perform this service to the community.  I do this
because I know that Xemacs is a popular package and, despite what I said
above, I would like to ensure that it works correctly.

If someone is interested in doing this perhaps they might also be
interested in providing an Xemacs package for the cygwin distribution.
This would be automatically preapproved.

cgf