RE: cygpath hangings

This is slightly false information.  The above run from setup was launched

Steve Fairbairn@stevefnec ~/obj
$ cygstart -- W:/Public/Installs/Installs/Cygwin/setup-2.415.exe --no-md5

When instead I double click on 'setup-2.415.exe' I end up with a path very
close to my normal bash one.

Steve Fairbairn@stevefnec /cygdrive/d
$ cat path_from_setup
gdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual

Maybe tryig to debug this issue by using cygstart is giving false leads?

This email has originated from Perwill plc (Registration No. 1906964)
Office registered at: 13A Market Square, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 1UR, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1420 545000
Fax: +44 (0)1420 545001
Privileged, confidential and/or copyright information may be contained
in this email, and is only for the use of the intended addressee.
To copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it in any way if you are not
the intended recipient or responsible for delivering to him/her is
If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender immediately,
by using the reply facility in your email software.

We may monitor the content of emails sent and received via our network
for the purposes of ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
relationships between Perwill plc and the recipient.
Any opinions expressed in the email are those of the sender and not
necessarily of Perwill plc.
This email has been scanned for known viruses using
McAfee WebShield 4.5 MR1a