Re: Is there a 'ping' in Cygwin?

* Hughes, Bill (2003-10-17 13:31 +0200)
> Apologies if this is as dumb as it seems to me, but is 'ping' available in
> Cygwin from the prompt?

> I have almost everything installed, and short of using the perl or ruby
> modules I don't seem to have any ping available in Cygwin.
> e.g.
>  $ ping cygwin.com
> bash: ping: command not found

Same as under Windows, NetWare, Linux or any other decent Operating
System: either specify the whole path to "your" ping or take care that
"your" ping is in the "PATH" environment variable. Easy, isn't it?

FYI: The default /etc/profile and /etc/zprofile take care that the
default path for ping.exe is in bash/zsh $PATH if the default path is
in your Windows PATH variable (and that is also the default under
Windows).

Thorsten
--
 children under the age of 18