This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin performance
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-rcm at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:28:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin performance
- References: <3F957E0D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 11:42:21AM -0700, Linda W. wrote:
>Has anyone done any testing on performance of cygwin utils over their
>native win counterparts?
Cygwin is slower. Cygwin is known to be slower. And, if you give it
a few minutes of thought it is obvious why Cygwin has to be slower.
I assume that anyone who doesn't understand why cygwin programs have to
be slower than normal windows programs also complains bitterly about the
loss of power in their VW Bug since they started pulling a trailer
around everywhere they go. What's up with that? That's the real
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html