Re: Cygwin/bash: need environment variables >32K

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 11:30:54AM +0200, Klein Andre ICM N AS PD B 3 wrote:
> I need to set a very long environment variable CLASSPATH within Cygwin bash.
> But there seems to be an upper limit of 32K for environment variables!?!?
>
> Is there any way to increase this upper limit?
>
> I have attached 2 small files for demonstrating the problem.
> Start run.sh and the invocation of the executable (java) failes...

It's not the length of the environment variable which is the problem,
it's the way the application is called.  java is a native windows
application and on process creation, the windows command line can not
exceed 32K.  Does java not support the CLASSPATH environment variable?
Do you need to give it as argument explicitely?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.