RE: Slight gcc -mno-cygwin inconsistency

Why?
I am not talking about system specific stuff, but
local user additions.

Take for example libgsl, the GNU Scientific Library.
I install the headers in /usr/local/include/gsl, the
cygwin library in /usr/local/lib, and the mingw lib
in /usr/local/lib/mingw.

gcc -o foo  prog_that_uses_gsl.c -L/usr/local/lib -lgsl
gives me a cygwin executable,

gcc -mno-cygwin \
    -o foo  prog_that_uses_gsl.c -L/usr/local/lib/mingw -lgsl

would give me the mingw executable. Makes perfect sense to me.

There was a thread mostly by a person complaining that mingw and
cygwin do not work together in an development environment,
which I bet he never actually really tried. It works nicely, there are
just a few things to make it even work better. It took me last week about
30 minutes to unpack, configure, compile, and install libmad and friends
on my laptop (cygwin&mingw version!). Cool. madplayer works under both
versions. Cygwin is a great project, but the people working on the autotools

have my respect for making it pretty fool proof.

Ciao
Tom