This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Multiple cygwins/ Distributing cygwin apps
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:38:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: Multiple cygwins/ Distributing cygwin apps
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 06:29:17PM -0700, John Moore wrote:
>Cygwin is a great tool and it has this really neat installer so I can
>keep it up to date. But when a vendor ships a binary, that vendor must
>ship a binary Cygwin DLL, and there is no way it is going to match my
>latest version. This creates a problem.
- Please let us know the vendor who is releasing old versions of the
Cygwin DLL. I want to make sure that it complies with the GPL. If it
doesn't, our lawyers would like to talk to them.
- Newer versions of the cygwin DLL work with older applications.
- Newer versions of the cygwin DLL are better at finding other running
versions of the dll.
- Delete all but the newest version of the DLL and you are all set.
- If a vendor is releasing a product which doesn't work right because
there is a newer version of cygwin, complain to the vendor. Their
installation is busted.
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to email@example.com
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html