Re: terms

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Paul-Kenji Cahier wrote:

> I've been trying to make other terminals than rxvt work without the X
> server but without success yet...

I'm not real knowledgeable here, but that sounds pretty difficult.

> I compiled mlterm but here is the error i get when trying to start it:
> <18:28:10> DeathWolf@lafiel:~$ mlterm.exe
>  display  couldn't be opened.
> Unable to start - open_screen_intern() failed.

Can mlterm support non-X displays somehow?  If not, see below, but...

> Rxvt-beta wont even compile, it looks like it needs X to compile even
> if i force to disable it in ./configure(--disable-x):

I believe this is true.  Cygwin's rxvt was compiled using a severely hacked
X stub library in order to do this.  See the bottom of:

/usr/doc/Cygwin/rxvt-2.7.10.README

for details.

Sorry, that is the extent of my knowledge on this subject.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer