This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Multiple cygwins/ Distributing cygwin apps
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 11:05:21 -0500
- Subject: Re: Multiple cygwins/ Distributing cygwin apps
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
The correct solution for dealing with multiple cygwins on your system
is to remove all of the older DLLs.
If you have a distribution which distributes cygwin and that distribution
screws up an existing cygwin installation, then complain to the people
who provided the distribution. Their installation software is broken.
To repeat: There is no need to keep multiple versions of the cygwin
DLL on your system.
I'm closing this thread now.
On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 04:51:16PM -0700, John Moore wrote:
>I now have a procedure that works on my system for allowing more than
>one cygwin to exist on the same Windows instance at the same time (but
>not to execute at the same time).
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html