Re: more about sockets?

"Allen H. Nugent" wrote:

>     "gethostbyaddr error--is it possible this machine doesn't have a
> reverse DNS/host entry ?".
>
> This sounds like a clue as to how to proceed, but I don't know where to go
> from here.
>
> Is there a way to configure the PC, or is there a program that emulates an
> I'net connection, so as to satisfy cygwin's requirements for socket
> connections without being on-line?

Suppose that your Windows machine name is "FOO", try ensuring that there
is a line in your hosts file such as "127.0.0.1 localhost FOO".  I don't
know if it's necessary (but perhaps worth a shot?) to make a link from
/etc/hosts to the Windows hosts file, which is in
%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc for 2k/xp.

Brian