Re: Learning zsh

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 09:39:18PM +0000, zzapper wrote:
> >A previous poster, indicated that this group is probably not the best
> >place for such discussions, which is of course correct, but that said
> >there must be a lot of Unix Newbies here. (I'm a Unix oldbie, but that
> >means I know old Unix, rather than all this new stuff)
> There is a lot of food in a supermarket, too, but a supermarket isn't
> the best place to hold a dinner party.

I feel I must interject here.  That analogy is quite inaccurate (and,
besides I've suddenly become hungry).  zzapper's original question is
more akin to stopping someone on the street to ask directions.  It's not
like he was asking for an indept analysis of steak...err, I mean "Zsh",
merely a question on will bash potatoes, err, "scripts" will work with it
or not.  A quick question deserts, err, "deserves" a quick answer
(*burp*).  And, he's right.  Lots of Newbies "check in" to this list with
cooking, err, "casual" questions.

> cgf

Peter A. Castro <> or <>