setup 2.418 - comments

1) Downloading the package list leaves text that doesn't get removed
   during the MD5 check phase.

2) Resizing of window - I LOVE IT! :-)

WRT 2:
 Resizing during the following download reveals a minor graphics
"bug"; look just *to the right* of the cygwin symbol { 'C-' in ascii
graphics) while resizing the window until the end of the text appears there.
>From this point - slowly widen the window, while keeping an eye just
slightly above where the text appeared.
 Some graphics appears at a certain width, at first sight looks like a copy
of the upper window border. I'm not sure it is though.

WRT 1:
 It seems to me that the MD5 checking is done whether it is needed or
not. This is time consuming on a slow machine. May I *suggest* the
logic to be changed to something like this:

 dl_date  = get_date_of(local_package_maindir)
 md5_date = get_date_of(MD5_LIST)

 if ( !( md5_date > dl_date ) )
   do
     for d in all_package_subdirs()
     do
       if (get_date_of(d) > md5_date)
         redo_MD5_check(d);
     done
     save(MD5_LIST)
   done

CAVEAT: I haven't CHECKED this to be FULLY TRUE:
 I've noted that running setup (2.416 at least!) with
 $ cygstart -- /install/setup.exe --no-md5
 appears to do a download of the correct packages without problems,
 even though _NOT_ doing the MD5 check.

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE - 59+16.37'N, 17+12.60'E
-- printf("LocalTime: UTC+%02d\n",(DST)? 2:1); --
--END OF MESSAGE--