RE: Problem with noninteractive bash initialization

Perhaps.  But it's more likely to be something local in your environment.
As stated in <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-11/msg00787.html>, your
problem is not reproducible generally so you're going to need to dig a little
deeper to find its source.

Larry