Re: Fw: *** CreateFileMapping, Win32 error 5. Terminating.

Hi. As suggested in a previous message, I give here more details of what my
problem
is in order it would be (hopefully) more easy to help me.

I connect by a RemoteDesktop Connection fromWindows XP to a Win2000 server.
When logged in, I open a command prompt (in the cygwin main directory), and
then
enter the command "cygwin.bat", which try to run "bash.exe", but but this
gives me
the  "*** CreateFileMapping, Win32 error 5. Terminating." error message. So,
in fact,
my problem is that I'm not able to start a cygwin shell. I use
the lastest cygwin distribution (1.5.5-1).

I have tried to run "cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out ", but the command
gives the same error as previously.

I attach to this message, as suggested, the /etc/passwdand /etc/groups.

I have read the page "how to report problems", and hope my report
is OK, but I'm not sure what others information could be useful.

Fabrice L.