From: <kevin.lawton@bt.com>
To: <fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net>; <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 2:38 PM
Subject: RE: Installation from locally stored packages

Oooops !
I think the OP needed to download the whole of Cygwin onto his LINUX machine
and then burn the CD !
If so, then the problem is that downloading off the Cygwin site is managed
by the 'setup.exe' program. It might be difficult running this under Linux,
though I suppose it could be tried with WINE or something.
I think what is needed here is something like an FTP download of the Cygwin
files - problem is that facility doesn't seem to be available on the Cygwin
site. I guess someone in the Cygwin group (one of us ?) could 'open-up' a
machine connected to the 'net with all the Cygwin files in a directory and
running an FTP server. Or even make the CD up and send it.
Any other possibilities ?