RE: ssh hangs

1. Consider deleting your ~/.ssh directory on your ssh client
   computer and running the 'ssh-user-config' script that
   is provided with OpenSSH (in /usr/bin).  This should
   allow you to do the minimal amount of configuration.
   Then copy the public-key file that it creates in your
   ~/.ssh directory to the ssh server machine's ~/.ssh
   directory.

ok, I did this. Now I get this output:

$ ssh -vvv -F ./ssh_config -p 80 andersonbd1@24.169.25.75
OpenSSH_3.7.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.7c 30 Sep 2003
debug1: Reading configuration data ./ssh_config
debug1: Applying options for *
debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Executing proxy command: exec connect.exe -H banderso@surf.proxy.com:80 24.169.25.75 80
debug1: identity file /cygdrive/c/.ssh/identity type 0
debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /cygdrive/c/.ssh/id_rsa.
debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----BEGIN'
debug3: key_read: missing keytype
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----END'
debug3: key_read: missing keytype
debug1: identity file /cygdrive/c/.ssh/id_rsa type 1
debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /cygdrive/c/.ssh/id_dsa.
debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----BEGIN'
debug3: key_read: missing keytype
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----END'
debug3: key_read: missing keytype
debug1: identity file /cygdrive/c/.ssh/id_dsa type 2
Enter proxy authentication password for banderso@surf.proxy.com: ###I enter my password
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x41bf10(0x0)

BTW, I'm having a hard time copying and pasting this from the console because it only works in the dos flavored console. If I open an xterm, then all the output appears at the xterm except when it asks for my password. This appears at the dos console. Then when I type the first letter of my password - it exits. Do I need to redirect input somehow when I start xterm?

Any ideas about the ssh? It seems the keys aren't being recognized properly by cygwin.
Thanks,
Ben