Re: bug in statfs

that has been posted to gmane.os.cygwin as well.

> * Corinna Vinschen <pbevaan-pltjva@pltjva.pbz> [2003-12-04 10:41:37 +0100]:
> On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 12:03:41PM -0500, Sam Steingold wrote:
>> POSIX specifies struct statvfs to contain slots f_frsize, f_flag,
>> f_favail, and f_namemax and to be declared in <sys/statvfs.h>:
>> <>
>> Cygwin defines struct statfs without slots f_frsize, f_flag, and
>> f_favail, and with f_namelen instead of f_namemax, in sys/vfs.h (also
>> included from sys/statfs.h) and does not come with sys/statvfs.h.
> Sure.  It's struct *statfs*, not struct *statvfs*.  We also have a
> statfs system call, not statvfs.  So you're talking about adding a new
> system call.

yes, I realized that myself

>> Any change this might get rectified in the nearest future?
> Any important information you can't get from statfs?  Otherwise it's
> a matter of time and interest, as usual.

I cannot get f_frsize, f_flag, and f_favail.
This is also a portability issue.

PS.  Is there a POSIX way to get the list of mount points, lime mount(1)
     and df(1) do?  It appears that linux has /proc/mounts and most
     unixes have /etc/mtab, but is there a system call?

Sam Steingold ( running w2k
<> <> <>
<> <>
History doesn't repeat itself, but historians do repeat each other.