This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: bug in gcc3.3.1
- From: Jörg Schaible <Joerg dot Schaible at Elsag-Solutions dot com>
- To: "Brian Ford" <ford at vss dot fsi dot com>,<kumarchi at comcast dot net>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:03:45 +0100
- Subject: RE: bug in gcc3.3.1
Brian Ford wrote on Thursday, December 04, 2003 10:47 PM:
> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Jörg Schaible wrote:
>> email@example.com wrote on Thursday, December 04, 2003 2:38 PM:
>>> what was the reason for dropping the support?
>>> ( I have to now fix few lines of code!!)
>> It is not ANSI compatible and therefore not portable.
> In case you didn't know, ANSI defined string literal concatination:
> "This is "
> "one sentence."
> is the same as:
> "This is one sentence."
But the poster refers:
printf (" ......
xxx ", ..)
This is not ANSI!
In case you did not know ...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html