This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Rsync hang and test with latest snapshots
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 01:45:21 -0500
- Subject: Re: Rsync hang and test with latest snapshots
- References: <1E5D38F05A4DD51197E600A0C9995DE00219A3F4@apus.cdm.smis.ch>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 07:24:11AM +0100, RITTER, Philippe wrote:
>Hello all cygwinners !
>I use rsync to synchronise many server. The most of them are still running
>with cygwin 1.3.20 and rsync 2.5.5. Everything is running fine in this
>But I installed cygwin 1.5.5 and rsync 2.5.6 and some problems apairs !
>Rsync was hanging and stay running in the task manager. I could only kill
>it. I remember some mails was about this problems, and I don't remember to
>see any solution.
>As a tip from cgf, try snapshots ! So, I tested some of them, and, since the
>snapshot of 3.12.2003, everything is working again. (CYGWIN_NT-4.0 ara
>1.5.6s(0.107/3/2) 20031203 00:23:12 i686 unknown unknown Cygwin)
>Thanks very much for your great effort to make the best of two worlds (Win
Wow. Someone tested a snapshot, unbidden, it fixes a problem, and they let
us know about it!
I think that's definitely worth a gold star.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html