This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygwin/regex is non-POSIX
- From: Sam Steingold <sds at gnu dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:14:57 -0500
- Subject: cygwin/regex is non-POSIX
- Organization: disorganization
- Reply-to: sds at gnu dot org
the cygwin regex is not POSIX.
backrefs are not available by default (apparently you need REG_BACKR for
that), "(a|)*" cannot be compiled because of "empty (sub)expression",
any plans to fix this? (e.g., by replacing it with gnu regex?)
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
This message is rot13 encrypted (twice!); reading it violates DMCA.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html