Re: installation freezes at /usr/bin/idle

Hm.  Something's not right here.  Let's see if we can start with the
basics.  Can you invoke

  <Cygwin install drive>:<Cygwin install directory>\bin\cygcheck -s -r -v

If so, send the output *as an attachment* to the list.  That will give us
some idea of the state you're in.