Re: 'entrypoint __getreent missing' problem in the binary distribution files for Windows ! How to proceed, how to report the bug ?

At a guess, either you didn't upgrade your "cygwin" package, or some
Cygwin process was running while you upgraded.  Had you attached the
output of "cygcheck -svr" to your message (as indicated in
<>), this would have been apparent.
Please check that your current Cygwin version is 1.5.5 or 1.5.6 (using
"uname -a" and/or "cygcheck -cd cygwin").  If it isn't, upgrade the
"cygwin" package (make sure to stop all running Cygwin processes,
including services, while you upgrade).  If it is 1.5.5 or later, simply
reboot to allow the replace-on-reboot feature of setup.exe to kick in.