Re: sshd in cygwin

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Rachan Malhotra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question. My
> apologies if I am intruding into your mailbox.
>
> After starting sshd in cygwin on my winXP machine, do I need to setup
> user accounts? I am unable to ssh into my windows machine (using my
> regular windows account) from elsewhere because, I think, I do not have
> users set up. Can someone tell me how to do that ?
>
> Thanks
> Rachan

"man mkpasswd", "man mkgroup".  Also, you should use ssh-host-config to
set up the sshd server.  For mor information, see
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README.
	Igor
P.S. This may or may not be the right place, depending on what
instructions you used to set up your sshd service.  If you used the
abovementioned README file, this is the right place.
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu