RE: Assembler

Krzysztof Duleba wrote:
> Why not? c code, translated to asm with -c -S on linux box,
> can be later compiled and linked with Cygwin's gcc and works
> fine. As you see, I have a good reason to believe that nasm's
> int 0x80 will work too. So maybe I should simply look for a
> nasm -> gcc's assembler translator?

int 0x80 is part of Linux, not nasm. In fact, nasm was
generating the int 0x80 instructions just fine--they
simply don't work under Windows. So such a translator
wouldn't help.

Cygwin does a great job translating many of the system
calls, but these are invoked via function calls, not
Linux internal software interrupts.

By asking for int 0x80 support, you're really asking
for the ability to run precompiled Linux applications.
Googling brought me to http://line.sourceforge.net,
which may be more along the lines of what you seek.

-Jerry