This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin_attach_fd_to_handle(), mmap()
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:59:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin_attach_fd_to_handle(), mmap()
- References: <20040220173530.GI813@cronosys.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 12:35:30PM -0500, Jason M. Felice wrote:
>I'm working on getting the cygwin port of rsync to be able to back up
>open files. This requires the FILE_FLAG_BACKUP_SEMANTICS flag. I've
>got rsync opening the file, and I use cygwin_attach_fd_to_handle() to
>get an fd, but the problem is that cygwin seems to map it as a "basic"
>handle and not a "diskfile" handle, and therefore rsync's mmap fails.
There is no such thing as a "basic handle". Cygwin returns the handle
of the open file. That's it.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html