Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: zsh-4.1.1-3

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Jason Tishler wrote:

> Peter,
>
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 07:35:27PM -0500, Peter A. Castro wrote:
> > This release fixes the rebase issue concerning zsh.  Previous releases
> > of zsh were generated using a method which created DLLs which were not
> > rebase-able.  This release corrects this problem by changing the DLL
> > building method.
>
> Thanks for accommodating rebase!

Your welcome, but I don't really think of this as accommodating rebase.
In my analysis, I'd determined that the root problem was that zsh code
isn't properly/discretely tagging things which should be exported (like
functions and various globals) for those platforms that need such things
(like MS Windows).  Rather than go through the code and do the tagging, I
decided a more expedient path was to simply export everything, which is
in the spirit of what the original method was trying to achieve, but
which is not a very elegent solition, IMHO.  I suspect I'll have to
review this hack later, but for the moment it gets past the immediate
problem.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>