Re: Pb with permissions on crontab

On Mar  2 09:42, Julien Gilles wrote:
> Julien Gilles <jgilles@glmultimedia.com> writes:
> > I'am playing with cron, and I have the following problem : I want to
> > modify the crontab through a service (a cgi in an apache server in
> > fact). This service belongs to the user SYSTEM, so I used "crontab -u
> > Administrator file" to set the Administrator's crontab (in a perl cgi
> > script).
>
> As I get no answer to my email, I suppose that I perhaps choose the
> wrong mailing list. Should I contact directly the cygwin maintainer of

No.  The right place is here.

Did you read the comment right before the chown command?  Your patch
is rather intrusive.  It looks as if it will work only for privileged
accounts now.  Since you're using crontab from a shell script anyway,
I don't see why you couldn't use chown or setfacl in the same script
after calling crontab.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.