Re: multiple cron cause problem

* Michael Chen (2004-03-02 12:08 +0100)
> As many users did, cron starts with bash. (probably in .barshrc)

Sorry? Cron is a normal windows service and a look into your .bashrc
would advise you: "grep cron ~/.bashrc". And bash is not the default
shell for cron - if you meant this - but "sh": "man 5 crontab".

> But we keep open new terminal, because of more jobs or previous termial
> deadlock.
> Thus we started many cron process at different time.
> Will this cause problem?

Cron is not started via bash and it doesn't use a terminal.

> I observed that cron procedures remain in the windows NT Task Manager even
> after the terminal finish or be throttled.
> Is it supposed to be?

Sorry, but again: cron has nothing to do with your terminal. It
"forks" when it executes a new job and terminates afterwards.

> It is also observed that cygwin.bat in the distribution, which uses NT
> termial + bash is worse at terminating cron, while xterm+bash is better at
> cleaning up.

Definetely not as cron is a normal windows service and runs in the
background - so no terminal is involved at all (Windows console, rxvt,
xterm).

I think you have a totally wrong or missing impression of what cron is
and what it does. Please read the manpage of cron and crontab and
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cron.README

Thorsten