Re: Gv on cywgin

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 koorapati_koundinya<at>emc<dot>com wrote:

> Cywin Users,
>         I have installed the complete distribution of cygwin and don't seem
> to have missed out anything and when I tried to view PS documents with gv, I
> get "interpreter failed error". I did see so many threads on this all over
> internet, but I was not able to get my gv to open up a .ps file. Anyone
> who's encoutered similar problems like mine and have a solution to share ?
>
> Thanks,
> Koundinya

a) Wrong list.  This is a question about an X program, and should have
been directed to the cygwin-xfree list.  I've redirected it.

b) We don't know anything about your system, including the versions of
packages you have installed.  Please read the Cygwin problem reporting
guidelines at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> to find out what
information should be included in problem reports.

c) It's likely that your problem is a missing ghostscript-x11 package.
The latest version of gv (3.5.8-1) already has the correct dependence on
ghostscript-x11, so it should work right after the install.  Otherwise,
you can install the ghostscript-x11 package, and reinstall gv.

HTH,
	Igor
P.S. d) You managed to misspell the project name twice in two different ways.
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu