Re: SIGSEGV in cygwin1.dll

Hello Egor,

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 14:46, Egor Duda wrote:
> Marco Canini wrote:
> > Hi list, this is my first post here.
> > I'm writing an application that uses SDL, lib3ds and glib
> > I've installed SDL and lib3ds from sources, both compiled with
> > -mno-cygwin, while glib (2.2) comes from here
> > http://web.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~s01397ms/cygwin/
> > I wasn't able to compile it from sources, still need to understand why.
> > Anyway after I actually compiled my application I run it and ... SIGSEGV
>
> So, your application is linked both with cygwin1.dll, and with
> Microsoft's C library (msvcrt or crtldd) indirectly, via sdl and lib3ds
> which are built with -mno-cygwin.
> You can't do that. See http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC99

Yeah, I realized that today.
After trying to compile SDL with host, target cygwin I noticed that it
will always call gcc with -mno-cygwin
Since I don't want to spend my time in figuring out how to configure all
3 libs I'm trying with mingw32 version of sdl, glib.
It's working, great!

> > (The application works in my linux box)
> > With gdb I was able to collect this stack trace:
> >
> > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > 0x61021a8b in unsetenv () from /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll
> > (gdb) bt
> > #0  0x61021a8b in unsetenv () from /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll
> > #1  0x6101f9b2 in dlfork () from /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll
>
> That probable means that cygwin's version of unsetenv() is called on
> variable that was set by Microsoft's runtime.
That is what I couldn't understand, thanks

Marco Canini <marco.canini@fastwebnet.it>