Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: setsid-0.0-3

Under my 'CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.7(0.109/3/2) i686' doing for example:

setsid ls -R /

would still block the console window (mostly for as long as ls runs).

IMO by redirecting only stdin to /dev/null one gets a setsid functionality
closer to
how setsid works under Linux and there is no difference concerning the
ability
to close the console window. (It's true that by not redirecting stdin,
console window
can only be killed)

Wouldn't then be better to redirect only stdin? Are things different under
Win9x/Me?

(I don't see the point for having stderr and stdout redirected also. (for
symmetry maybe))

Apologies if what I am suggesting is stupid.

Greg