256 colors for bash/rxvt-2.7.10-4 ?

Hi list,

according to rumors, the current build of the rxvt package enables 256
colour support, at least I was able to do some sort of

,-----[ .Xdefaults extract ]-----
| Rxvt*cursorColor: GreenYellow
| Rxvt*color1:      OrangeRed

settings in my .Xdefaults file.
Now, I can't figure out how to use those predefined colorX values for my
prompt settings, PS1, PS2, ... etc.

Now, will bash 2.05b.0(1) cope with these "extended" colour values
somehow, BTW is transparency, e.g. as background colour, also supported?
Could some "shell designer" here provide an example for a 256 color
enabled bash prompt (using e.g. GreenYellow or OrangeRed)? Thank you.

Greetings,

Mikka