Re: openssl and openssh are downloaded but not installed

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Charles wrote:

> I downloaded a few dozen files from a mirror and then
> was forced off-line. When I came back, I downloaded a few
> more files from another mirror.I could not access the first mirror.
> Then I did an "Install from Local" and it seemed to be OK but openssl
> was not present.

How did you know it was "not present"?

> Then I did an "Install from Local" (again) but "man" did not work.

What happened or did not happen when "man did not work"?

> Then I did an "Install from Local" (a third time), and the man page
> started working.

The "man page"?  For what?

[snip]
> Two questions:
> Does installation of openssh and openssl require direct intervention?

It depends on what you mean by install.

> Should "Install from Local" have picked them up?

I think so, but you really need to answer the questions above and read:

> Problem reports:  http://cygwin.com/problems.html

It is very hard to help you when we don't know exactly what happened, and
what you expected to happen that did not.

HTH.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer