Re: cygrunsrv taking near all cpu time

Here we go again.  I think you missed the point of what we were trying
to tell you.

Please review again http://cygwin.com/problems.html (I highly doubt that
you did the first time).  At least, pay special attention to the part
about attaching cygcheck output.

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, mnicolet wrote:

> I installed sshd as it would be. At the point I could connect from
> another machine.

What does "as it would be" mean?

> I can, now, state the problem better.
>
> The question is whenever the service start is set to 'automatic' so
> it's started at boot-up time, cygrunsrv is taking up all cpu time it's
> allowed. Even if sshd.exe is up and running fine, taking itself no
> noticeable cpu time.
>
> But, if I stop the sshd service, set up it as 'manual' and then
> restart it, cygrunsrv is working fine, taking no noticeble cpu time.

Reporting the result of attaching strace to the run-away cygrunsrv might
be interesting, but only after you have followed the advice above.

> Sorry if my previous post scared some one.

It did not scare anyone, but you did not follow the advice given.

> But I think my question was concise, and pointing exactly to the
> problem.

A little too concise, perhaps?

--
Brian Ford