Re: read(): varblk tape records...(& Fix for : read())

Hi Corinna,

Unfortunately I can't run your testcase.  My DDS tape drive seems to be
broken.  It can read, but it behaves weird when trying to write :-(((

Doesn't it worry you, that we both have write problems? When I stick to reading, everything works just fine also. Do you want my Native NT version - it works perfectly?

Here are some other things I've noticed:

1/ close() writes a file-mark in some cases... Don't, I can do this myself, thank's anyway!

2/ read() should check for Win32 error 1101 - filemark and return 0 bytes, no error.

3/ tape_status dynamically checks 'tape_drive_get_absolute_blk', before calling
tape_get_pos () : but my tape drive says '0' when it's busy, preventing the current
block from being updated *sometimes*. Force-reading it works just fine, if you want to
cache the flag somewhere when the device is opened?

4/ sending a tape-rewind command doesn't reset any internal flags, does it need to?

Jason.