RE: read(): varblk tape records...(& Fix for : read())

> Sent: 05 March 2004 10:20 From: Corinna Vinschen
..snip..
> Unfortunately I can't run your testcase.  My DDS tape drive
> seems to be
> broken.  It can read, but it behaves weird when trying to write :-(((

Unfortunately that seems perfectly normally for DDS drives.
We even have a DDS3 that can now only read DDS1+2.
Where one friend works they even started buying them in pairs to have spare
when the first one breaks.
You might try disassembly and vacuuming if you're so inclined, sometimes
works, but not often :-(

Bill