Re: read(): varblk tape records...(& Fix for : read())

On Mar  5 14:27, Jason Winter wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> >Unfortunately I can't run your testcase.  My DDS tape drive seems to be
> >broken.  It can read, but it behaves weird when trying to write :-(((
>
> Doesn't it worry you, that we both have write problems?

My DDS drive can't write even with native tools anymore.  I'm getting
CRC errors when trying to write more than one block, rewind after
write or when trying to erase the tape.  It's very annoying since the
drive seems to seek the tape randomly for a good minute before the CRC
error is reported.  Cleaning the drive or trying various, also fresh
tapes didn't help either.

This will stop me working on the tape handling in Cygwin until I got a
new tape from somewhere :-(

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.