Re: Windows 2000 - starting Service

At 01:12 PM 3/5/2004, you wrote:
>Dear cygwin-Team,
>
>I installed cygwin successful.
>The cygipc-service is running perfectly.
>I want to start another service I named 'postmaster'.
>I need this service for PostgreSQL.
>When I try to start the service an error-message appears.
>
>Error 1067 : Process terminated unexpectedly
>
>What can I do to solve this problem ?

Start here:

>And I have a second question how could I set an enviromentvariable PGDATA ?
>
>I tried it that way : & PGDATA = /cygdrive/f/database...
>that is what happened :
>bash: PGDATA: command not found
>
>What should I type in to set the variable ?
>
>It would be very nice of you, if you could help me.

Right.  But this list isn't a general help-desk for all kinds of problems.
We have to limit it to those having to do with Cygwin otherwise the traffic
on the list would become completely unbearable.  This question of yours is
not Cygwin-specific.  Please consider this before asking future questions.

However, the answer is to remove the spaces before and after '='.

Holliston, MA 01746