Re: Can ipc-daemon2 put its files in directory other than /tmp?

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 07:36:16PM +0700, David Garamond wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>I'm trying to bundle postgresql + cygwin in a single distribution for my
>>>clients.
>>
>>Actually, hopefully, you are bunding postgresql + cygwin + whatever other
>>binaries + *the sources to same* since this is a GPLed project, meaning
>>that you have to provide sources for the binaries that you distribute
>>as per the GPL.
>
>No source code is modified/recompiled. I'm just providing a convenience
>packaging. COPYING + the BSD license (for Postgres) is included, plus
>I'm informing in the README that Cygwin is GPL'ed, and to get the source
>one should go to http://www.cygwin.com/. I believe that is sufficient?
>(since no source code is modified anyway).

Unfortunately, no, it's not sufficient.  The GPL doesn't have a "no
source code is modified" clause.  For the cygwin DLL, and any of the
utilities that come with it, you have to adhere to the GPL which
means that the source code has to be provided.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#SourceAndBinaryOnDifferentSites