Re: Snapshot 20040225: make hangs/errors out

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 11:37:48AM -0500, Rolf Campbell wrote:

>>>Sigh.  Literally two minutes after sending this email, the "make -j"
>>>test that I was running at home errored out with a different error.
>>>
>>>Back to the drawing board...
>>
>>Hmm.  I can't duplicate the failure I saw so maybe it would still be
>>instructive to see how the current snapshot works for others.
>>
>>Please send test results here.
>
>'06 snapshot, froze after 128 iterations (0% cpu, no error output).
>I've attached the end of the strace output.  I will run it a few more
>times to make sure this is consistant.

If you want to analyze the strace yourself and offer comment, then
please do so.  Sending strace snippets is normally useless.  99% of the
time, people send the equivalent of a photo of an accident scene with
the thought that the picture will show why the accident occurred, i.e.,
the strace snippet is worthless.  I gave up trying to inspect
unsolicited strace output a long time ago.

cgf