DDS4 device mnemonic with cygwin

	To whom it may concern;

	According to the cygwin user's guide, tape drive devices
	are mapped to /dev... or /device...  .  Shouldn't you be able
	to see these directories from a cygwin window under the
	/  directory ?  If so, is it because I did not install all of cygwin
	at the time of installation ?   On my Windows 2000 host in a
	cygwin window, I need to be able to perform a tar command
	in the form:  tar cvf  /dev...(for tape device)  filename.

	Any help in resloving this issue is most appreciated !

			Paul
			(978) 657-4488